New Student Orientation
Welcome to Houston Community College!
New Student Orientation is a fun and interactive way to meet staff, learn about the college, programs of study and resources. As a new student, you are required to attend New Student Orientation. NSO sessions are offered at various times on different campuses.
To view locations and times, log in your student PeopleSoft account and view your Student Center.
Before signing-up for an NSO session, please complete the following steps:
- Provide proof of your Meningitis vaccination to the Admissions Office.
- Submit your official high school transcripts, SAT and/or ACT test scores to the Admissions Office to determine eligibility for placement or waivers.
- Complete Career Coach. Please complete the 60-question assessment to receive thorough results of your potential academic pathways and career options.
- Complete the Pre-Assessment Activity, if required. This is a pre-test to prepare you for the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment. Complete the TSI when you feel prepared.
- Sign-up for a New Student Orientation session to secure a date and time that fits your schedule.
During Orientation you will:
- Learn about the academic programs, academic and student support resources, and student life
- Become familiar with financial services and ways to pay for college
- Receive advising and a recommended course schedule for the semester
- Enroll in courses
- Have an opportunity to take a campus tour
After orientation you will:
- Get your HCC Student ID
- Purchase textbooks
We look forward to seeing you at a New Student Orientation Session soon!Log in and sign up for an NSO session now