Tutoring - HCC Virtual Academic Success Centers
Houston Community College is committed to your success, so we offer free real-time video conferencing tutoring and online tutoring to our students. Faculty tutors, peer tutors, and lab assistants are available to help with English, Math, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Accounting, Spanish, ESOL and much more. We can help you stay on track with your coursework, understand assignments, and improve your study skills.
We have transitioned face-to-face tutoring to real-time through video conferencing using Microsoft Teams.
Call 713-718-8184 to schedule an appointment to virtually meet with a tutor. You will need access to your HCC student email account.
- Monday – Thursday: 8am-8pm (last appointment will be taken at 7pm)
- Friday: 8am-4pm (last appointment will be taken at 3pm)
- Saturday: 9am-3pm (last appointment will be taken at 2pm)
Resources for Microsoft Teams:
- Microsoft TEAMS is accessible to students when they log into their HCC email (Microsoft 365).
- From you Eagle Landing Page, click on Mail and log in with your student email credentials
- Call HCC IT technical support if you encounter log-in issues (713-718-8800)
- Microsoft TEAMS training videos
- Tutoring Call Center representatives will be available to assist as well.
Our Tutoring Centers are here to help you succeed
The College Reading & Learning Association’s (CRLA) International Tutor Training Program Certification (ITTPC) has certified the HCC face-to-face Tutoring Program as a Level 1 Certified Tutor provider. CRLA granted certification for the HCC Tutor programs at the Southeast, Southwest, Central, Coleman, Northeast & Northwest campuses to issue certificates to tutors who meet their requirements. Since 1989, over 1,000 college tutor training programs around the globe have received ITTPC at one or more levels.
- Find a tutor at one of our campuses at hccs.edu/findatutor
- AskOnline Tutoring has changed to hccs.upswing.io
10 Years and Still Growing Strong
Online tutoring at HCC (AskOnline) has completed twelve years of service to students. We are using new technology to provide the same personalized tutoring with HCC staff. Students and faculty can access online tuoring at hccs.upswing.io. Students can use their Active Directory student ID (W-number) and HCC email password, and faculty can use their HCC email and associated password. A video explaining how the new system works is located on the bottom of the Upswing log in page. For more information, please contact Deborah Hardwick (firstname.lastname@example.org).