Graduation is an incredible accomplishment and a festive time for graduates and their loved ones. The upcoming Fall Commencement Ceremonies are just around the corner, and HCC is excited to celebrate this special occasion with its graduates.
As you prepare for graduation season, please take the time to review all of the important details about both the graduation process and the Commencement Ceremony.
This webpage and its resources links are your ultimate resource for everything you need to know about applying for graduation, meeting the requirements to participate in the Commencement Ceremony, and getting that diploma in your hands.
Graduation means that if you complete all the academic program requirements, you will receive your diploma and have it reflected on your transcript.
A graduation application is required for you to receive your degree. Your first step is to meet with an academic advisor to apply for graduation. Approval from an Academic Advisor is required to apply for graduation.
Only students who apply for graduation by the November 1 deadline, and register for the Commencement Ceremony by the November 10 deadline will be eligible to walk in the Commencement Ceremony.
Commencement Ceremony Details and Deadlines
Commencement is the event to celebrate your accomplishment and walk across the stage. At-a-glance details for the Commencement Ceremony are below.
- For: Summer and Fall 2023 graduates only
- Date: Friday, December 15, 2023
- Time: There will be a morning and afternoon ceremony option. Graduates will only be able to attend the ceremony they register to attend.
- Morning Ceremony: 9 am
- Afternoon Ceremony: 2 pm
- Location: NRG Arena (1 NRG Pkwy, Houston, TX 77054)
- Registration: Participation in Commencement requires registration, which can only be done AFTER you officially apply for graduation. Every graduate must register for Commencement by the November 1 deadline. Due to venue capacity, space is limited so please register early.