Admissions for International Students

Application for International Students

Students planning to attend HCC on F-1 status must submit/upload a complete application to the Office of International Student Services & Study Abroad (OISS&SA) by the application deadlines (incomplete applications will NOT be accepted for processing).

Note: If you are an international student planning to attend HCC on a status different than F-1 (DACA, refugee, L visa, H visa, etc.), please visit First Time in College and follow the instructions. If you are an F-1 student applicant, please proceed to the steps below.


What type of F-1 International Student am I? (Click on links below for steps on how to complete each application) 


Students under 18 years of age: An F-1 international student under the age of 18 who wishes to gain admission to HCC must provide documentation to prove that he/she has achieved the equivalency of a U.S. high school diploma in his/her country by submitting a transcript evaluation along with their application to OISS&SA. Accepted Evaluation agencies.

Using an Agency

IMPORTANT: Students do not need to secure a third-party agency to gain admission to HCC. HCC staff is available at no cost to students to assist with the admissions and registration process. If a student chooses to utilize the services of a third-party agency, the student should be aware that they assume full responsibility for all actions conducted by the third-party agent acting on the student’s behalf. Although rare, there have been incidents of third-party agencies submitting fraudulent admissions documentation on behalf of a student. If fraudulent activity is committed by an agency representative acting on behalf of a student, the student is fully responsible and may be subject to disciplinary action. Given that third-party agencies often require personally identifiable information from students to act on their behalf, it is also possible for an agent to gain access to a student’s online student account and make changes without the student’s consent.