Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program
Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program (VRRAP)
The Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program (VRRAP) offers education and training for high-demand jobs to Veterans who are unemployed because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Limited space available- APPLY NOW!
To learn more about the VRRAP, join us on our weekly information session. Every Wednesday starting July 21st, 2021 from 10:00 am to 11:00 am.
Click HERE to join us
Step 1 - Apply for VRRAP Benefits
Find out how to apply for the Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program (VRRAP) benefits as a Veteran or service member.
Make sure you're eligible
To be eligible for Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program (VRRAP), you must meet all the requirements listed here.
- All of these must be true. You're:
- At least 22 years old, but not older than 66, and
- Unemployed because of the COVID-19 pandemic, and
- Not rated as totally disabled because you can't work, and
- Not enrolled in a federal or state jobs program
Note: You can't receive VRRAP benefits at the same time you're receiving unemployment benefits (including CARES Act benefits).
Also, at the time you apply for VRRAP you can't be eligible for any of these other benefits:
- Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)
- Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA)
- Veterans’ Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
Note: You can get VRRAP benefits if you were eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill at one time but have transferred all of those benefits to family members.
Step - 3 Request Official Transcripts
Obtain official transcripts from any other Universities, colleges, trade schools and/or military Institutions you’ve attended.
- Visit jst.doded.mil to access military transcripts.
- For Air Force transcripts, please visit airuniversity.af.edu/Barnes/CCAF/
- All veterans, active duty, active National Guard and Reserves, must submit military transcripts within 30 days from submitting HCC Application.
All transcripts should be submitted to:
Houston Community College
Office of Admission & Records
P.O. Box 667517
Houston, TX 77266
Step 4 - New Student
First time using your Education Benefit at HCC? Submit a certification request for “new student” and select the “benefit program” that applies. https://www.hccs.edu/support-services/veteran-affairs/vmass-certification-request/
- New Students Only – A checklist will be generated to the student center where the required documents, by benefit indicated on certification request, can be uploaded by students. Students will have 7 days to submit documents. (PDF only) https://myeagle.hccs.edu/
Step 5 - Academic Advising
Visit with an HCC academic advisor to select a VA-approved degree program or certificate plan. https://www.hccs.edu/support-services/advising/
- A VMASS academic advisor is assigned by the education benefit awarded. After submitting the required documents, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-718-8522 with academic advising concerns. (Examples - Change of Degree, TSI exemption)
Step 6 - Contact Us
Due to the COVID-19, our campuses and offices are closed.
Join Us in Zoom Meeting
Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting
Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. The VMASS Zoom Rooms will be available on the following days and times;
Monday- Thursday from 8 am to 6 pm and Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
Please email us with questions regarding education benefits at Vmassonline@hccs.edu.
Step 7 - Certification Request
Submit VMASS Certification Request, for each benefit awarded (Required for any schedule changes, i.e.. Add, Drop, Swap) https://www.hccs.edu/support-services/veteran-affairs/vmass-certification-request/
Step 8 - Class Registration
Register for classes on your approved degree plan.
- VA does not cover classes that are not on
Your approved degree plan.
- Veteran Readiness and Employment (Chapter 31)
- Contact Assigned VA Voc-Rehab counselor to complete VA required steps
- Assigned VA Counselor will provide the student with authorization # for books/supplies
- For Veterans & Service Member Transfer Students submit VA Form 22-1995
- Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Transfer Student (Chapter 35) Submit VA Form 22-5495
Approved High Demand 12 Month Certificate Programs
- Accounting level 1
- Audio Recording Technology Level 1
- Automotive Body Collision Repair Tech Level 1
- Automotive Technology Technician Level 1
- Business Tech-Med Office Spec Level 1
- Commercial Truck Driving
- Comp System Networking Help Desk Level 1
- Criminal Justice Basic Peace Officer Level 1
- Digital Communication Graphic Design Level 1
- Emergency Medical Services Paramedic Level 1
- Fire Science and Safety Basic Firefighter Level 1
- Health Information Technology Analyst Level 1
- Heating AC and Refrigeration Basic Level 1
- Licensed Vocational Nursing Level 1
- HCC VRRAP Approved Programs