Submit Official Transcripts
There are two ways to submit an official transcript from your high school or previous institution.
- Step 1: Have an official PDF transcript electronically sent from approved service providers such as Credentials, Parchment, and National Student Clearinghouse.
- Step 2: Have the approved service provider send the official PDF transcript via email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HCC will not accept official transcripts submitted electronically from students. Official transcripts will only be accepted electronically when emailed directly from approved service providers.
Submit Unofficial Transcripts
HOW UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE USED
HCC will use unofficial transcripts/grade reports and TSI scores for initial advisement and placement purposes.
- Unofficial transcripts will only be used for the first semester of enrollment.
- A transcript hold will be placed on your record until an official transcript is received in the Office of Student Records within the first semester of enrollment.
- To avoid having to submit two transcripts (both unofficial and official), students have the option to follow the steps above to submit official transcript(s).
Outlined below are two ways to submit an unofficial transcript
from your high school or previous institution.
SUBMIT ON CAMPUS
- Before accessing an in-person student service, students are encouraged to always reference the Virtual Lobby webpage for the most up-to-date hours of operations and locations: www.hccs.edu/virtual-lobby.
SUBMIT ON ZOOM
- Before accessing a virtual student service, students are encouraged to always reference the Virtual Lobby page for the most up-to-date Zoom links and hours of operations: .
Submit Foreign Transcripts
If you have a college transcript from a country outside of the United States, please visit the Transfer Room for more information.
Houston Community College has partnered with Parchment a digital credential service, to offer more convenient ways for sending your transcript.
Choose from three easy methods:
- Electronic delivery (fastest)
- Email (Secure PDF)
- USPS first class mail,
There will be a $7.00 fee to obtain your transcript through Parchment, but it will ensure faster delivery, 24/7 access including weekends and holidays. Payment must be made by debit or credit card. To order online, click on the icon below.
Students can send PDF transcripts to any valid email address (another college or university, third-party recipient or themselves). Students can request a PDF transcript online anytime using.
PDF transcripts are official transcripts, however, please be aware that when sending a PDF transcript to yourself it cannot be forwarded to a different email address. Forwarding a PDF transcript makes it unofficial. If your transcript is going to a third party, you should have it sent directly to their email address, this ensures that the transcript will still be considered an official University document.
PDF transcripts are $7.00 each. Parchment will provide official PDF transcripts through an encrypted and secure service.
Many professional application services (such as LSAC, AMCAS, SOPHAS, NursingCAS, etc.) now accept PDF transcripts from HCC.
Need help with your transcript order?
The best first step is to log into your Parchment account, then visit the Parchment Help Center, where you can find answers to frequently asked questions and articles to support your needs.
- You can also engage with ParchieBot, our intelligent chat function designed to answer your questions and provide order information.
- From the Parchment Help Center, you can submit a web case for support or contact a Learner Support Representative for assistance. The Support Team is available M-F, 8am - 8pm ET.
Please note there may be a delay if you have any holds on your account that prevent the release of transcripts. Transcripts will not be sent until all holds are cleared. HCC will not release a transcript of any student that has not fulfilled financial and other responsibilities to the College.
Student Services Contact Center
Virtual Lobby for Current/Former Students: Current/former students should use the Virtual Lobby page as a one-stop resource to connect virtually and in person for help with enrollment, advising, and payment arrangements.