On Campus Access to Student Services – What you need to know
Sep 25, 2020
We shared last week that we will start to bring select Students Services back to campus for in-person access by appointment only. To make sure you understand how to access these services and requirements if you’re on campus, we want to provide additional detail.
What Student Services Will Be Available & When
A limited number of Student Services staff will be on campus starting on the following dates to support in-person access by appointments only. This is to accommodate certain circumstances for those students who really need to meet with someone face to face.
- September 28: Testing Services
- October 5: Financial Aid, Enrollment Services, Advising, Cashiers, Counseling and Career Services
These services will be available starting on the dates above at the following select campus locations and during set business hours.
In-Person Student Services Locations
* Only open Tuesdays and Thursdays
^ No Testing Services; all other services available
On Campus Hours of Operation:
All Services except for Financial Aid:
- Monday – Thursday – 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday – 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Financial Aid Hours:
- Monday – Thursday – 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. at most locations (Coleman & Central South only Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- Friday – Virtual Appointments Only (see below for hours)
Virtual Student Services will continue normal hours of operation:
- Monday – Thursday – 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Friday – 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
How To Book Appointments
Effective October 1, students will book appointments by visiting the Student Services Lobby page on the website. On the page, you will be able to select to access Student Services through the Virtual Lobby or a Campus Appointment. Selecting the Campus Appointment option will take you to the scheduling tool which will ask you to select a College location and Service before displaying available appointment times.
We are finalizing the scheduling tool now and expect the Campus Appointment option to go live on the website by October 1. For information about Testing Services, please contact:
- Central | email@example.com
- Northline | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alief | email@example.com
- Eastside | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stafford | email@example.com
- West Loop | firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the new booking tool is live, all on campus appointments will be made through that tool. In order to ensure service, students are encouraged to schedule an appointment prior to arriving to campus.
Remember, the Virtual Lobby is still available in the meantime so students can still access Student Services virtually.
Screening & Safety Protocols on Campus
All faculty, staff and students are required to follow HCC’s safety protocols the entire time they are on campus. This includes wearing a face mask at all times, practicing social distancing, and completing the safety training prior to returning to campus.
Additionally, everyone is required to go through individual screening each day they come to campus. At the campus screening location, everyone is required to show photo ID (for students the ID can be expired and from any organization as long as it includes the individual’s name and a photo that matches).
We are making enhancements to the screening process and plan to share more information next week about how the enhanced process will work. Please continue to check your email for more details on this item.