HCC In-Person Instruction Starts Today
Oct 4, 2021
Dear HCC Community,
Today we bring back all in-person, hybrid and lab courses for in-person instruction at our College campuses. This may be the first time in more than a year and a half for some of our students, faculty and staff to be on campus. For others, it may be the first time ever.
Our College Operations teams have worked hard to prepare for this return and to make the transition as smooth as possible. Cleaning and safety protocols are in place, and we ask everyone in our community to do their part by taking the HCC Soar Safe Pledge to:
- Wear a Mask
- Wash Your Hands
- Watch Your Distance
- Stay Home if Sick
- Get Vaccinated
For those coming to an HCC campus, make sure you are prepared for screening and that you know where you are going. Give yourself extra time to get through the screening process, starting with completing your pre-screening questionnaire before you get to campus.
- The pre-screening link is emailed to you every day.
- Check your Clutter folder if you don’t see it.
- The email comes from “Houston Community College <firstname.lastname@example.org>.”
- The email has the subject line “HCC COVID-19 Pre-Screening.”
- Screen shot the green QR code to show to the screener when you get to campus.
- If you fail pre-screening:
- Students: You will receive an email which includes directions to call 713-718-8400 and notify you professor(s).
- Employees: You should notify your supervisor and Complete the Employee Self-Report form.
Screening stations are located at different places for each College campus. Check the HCC Locations page before you go to campus so you can locate the closest screening station to where you need to be (select your campus from the dropdown menu on the page). Remember, screening must be completed each day you come to an HCC location.
As we embark on this “new normal” way of operating in the COVID environment, unanticipated issues will arise that we will have to tackle together. Let’s be compassionate, flexible and patient with one another.
We’re looking forward to seeing you on campus. Stay safe.