HCC announces commencement date for GED,Workforce and Academic graduates
Apr 1, 2015
The commencement ceremony for GED and Workforce graduates is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. Saturday, May 16 at NRG Stadium. Commencement ceremony for Academic graduates is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. saturday morning.
Workforce/GED candidates must arrive no later than 11:45 a.m. and guests should arrive no later than noon. Academic candidates must arrive no later than 7:00 a.m. The Houston Community College Adult Education program encourages individuals who have successfully completed the GED examination to participate in the commencement ceremony.
The first 100 students who present proof of having passed the GED examination will receive their cap and gown for $10 plus tax. Cap and gowns can be picked up at HCC's campus bookstores. Call for store hours.
Alief: 713-718-6656 Stafford: 281-499-6413
Central: 713-528-0872 Katy: 713-718-5982
Eastside: 713-640-1441 Westloop: 713-218-0391
Northline: 713-692-1472 Spring Branch: 713-468-5300
- A RSVP is required for participation in the2015 Commencement Ceremony. RSVPs must be submitted online at: http://www.hccs.edu/district/students/graduation/
- Students who do not RSVP in advance of the ceremony will not be allowed to participate.
8:30AM CEREMONY INSTRUCTIONS:
- Only students graduating with an academic degree (Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and/or Associate of Arts in Teaching) will be allowed to participate in the 8:30 a.m. ceremony.
- All academic degree graduates are expected to arrive at Reliant Stadium no later than 7:00 a.m.
- All graduates and guests must enter NRG Stadium at the Amegy entrance. Guests may enter the stadium beginning at 7:30 a.m.
1:00PM CEREMONY INSTRUCTIONS:
- Only students graduating with a workforce degree/certificate (Associate of Applied Science, Advanced Technical Certificate, Certificate of Completion, and/or Advanced Skills Certificate) or who have completed their GED with HCC will be allowed to participate in the 1:00 p.m. ceremony.
- All workforce degree/certificate and GED graduates are expected to arrive at NRG Stadium no later than 11:45 a.m.
- All graduates and guests must enter NRG Stadium at the Amegy entrance. Guests may enter the stadium beginning at 12:00 p.m.
- If you are a 2015 graduate requesting special accommodations, please contact Dr. Lee Rinker at 713) 718-5391 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide a contact phone number and email address so we may respond to your request. Family and guest of graduates needing accommodations will be assisted by NRG stadium staff the day of graduation. Please request these services at the front gate (Amegy Bank) Blue Lot.