Bomb threat/Found devices
Upon receiving a message hat a bomb has been planted:
- Immediately call HCC Police using a landline, not a cell phone or two-way radio.
- Record Caller ID number/location, if possible.
- DO NOT activate Fire Alarm.
- Utilize Bomb Threat Information Form (see below).
- Make visual check of area.
- Report suspicious objects to Campus Police 713-718-8888.
If a suspicious device is found:
- DO NOT TOUCH OR MOVE THE DEVICE.
- Do not turn on or use a cell phone.
- Secure the area, preserve the scene, and be aware of the possibility of more bombs.
- Evacuate the area.
- Call HCC Police 713-718-8888.
- Check your area (office or class room) if you do not see anything out of the ordinary then place this binder on the floor in the doorway with the “All Clear” card showing.
- Leave doors and windows open.
- Only take personal effects that can be hand carried.
- Follow the designated evacuation route to a safe area.
- Do not re-enter buildings until declared safe by HCC Police and/or local Police.