Spring 2022 Course Instruction Update
Jan 7, 2022
Dear HCC Eagles,
On January 2, HCC announced that the Omicron variant surge led the institution to announce a shift in operations, support services and instruction for the month of January. If you missed that update, please click here to view it.
This message is to help you better understand how the decision may impact your courses from January 18 – January 29.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR STUDENTS
Changes to Instruction from January 18 – January 29
- In-person Courses: Some in-person courses may temporarily change to Online on a Schedule format from January 18 – 29.
- Hybrid and Hybrid Lab Courses: Some in-person courses may temporarily change to Online on a Schedule format from January 18 – 29.
- Online On A Schedule Courses: There will be no change to course instruction from January 18 – 29.
- Online Anytime Courses: There will be no change to course instruction from January 18 – 29.
How to know if your in-person or hybrid course(s) will meet on campus or online at the scheduled time from January 18 - 29
To find out if your in-person or hybrid course will meet on-campus or online at the scheduled time from January 18 - 29, please follow the steps below. Please remember that if you are currently enrolled in an Online Anytime or Online on a Schedule course for Spring, there will be no change to those courses for the semester.
STEP 1: VIEW YOUR COURSE NUMBERS
- Click here to sign into the Student Center.
- Select “Manage Class” tile to view your course schedule.
- Find the class number for all your in-person and hybrid classes. The class number will be a five-digit number with the course format following the dash (example: Class Nbr 12345 – In-person).
- **Please note that the course schedule in your Student Center will not reflect any changes to instruction for the first 2 weeks. You must go to step two to verify how your course will work from January 18 – 29.
STEP 2: SEARCH LIST TO VIEW FORMAT OF YOUR COURSES FROM JANUARY 18 - 29
We created a searchable list for you to determine if your in-person or hybrid/hybrid lab class format will change from January 18 – 29.
Click here to view searchable list and follow the instructions on the page.
As the institution continuously works to safeguard the community, please lean on your instructors for the most up-to-date information about your courses. Instructors communicate with students using their HCC student email addresses. Be sure to check your HCC student email for updates from your instructors. To learn more about how to access your HCC student email and receive support for technical issues, please click here.
The Houston Community College (HCC) Incident Management Team (IMT) is closely monitoring this variant with the intent of delivering a safe, quality education and experience for our students.
By January 27, the institution will send an update about how course instruction will be delivered after January 29.
As we face this challenge together, please know you are at the forefront of our decision making.
| Next Article »