Houston Community College will be suspending all on-campus instruction and student services
Jun 27, 2020
Dear HCC Family:
I trust that you and your families are safe and well. In recent days, state and local authorities announced the increased threat level of COVID-19 in the city of Houston and Harris County. In light of this circumstance, I am urging you to please exercise due care and follow safe practices, including but not limited to social distancing, wearing a mask, and washing your hands.
In observance of the recent threat announcements, please see safety measures below relating to immediate actions HCC is taking to safeguard your well-being. These measures include the following:
- All on-campus instruction and student services are suspended beginning Sunday, June 28, until further notice.
- HCC does not anticipate re-opening by July 13 for any in-person classes, including classes that were taking place on campus for the completion of Spring technical labs.
- By July 13, we will provide an update on the completion of Spring technical labs.
- All on campus academic and placement testing will be suspended. Anyone who was scheduled for an on-campus test will be contacted and rescheduled for a virtual proctored test.
- Employees who are needed on campus will be notified by their supervisor.
- College functions and classes that have been operating online will continue to do so, as they have been throughout our altered operations period.
Note: To safeguard the well-being of our community, we will continue to monitor fluid conditions surrounding COVID-19 and inform you as we plan for Fall 2020.
I appreciate your understanding, as we navigate these challenging times together. We remain committed to your safety and well-being, as you pursue your educational goals.
Cesar Maldonado, PH.D., P.E.