Top of Home Page
Resiliency Reimagined: Protecting Houston’s Future…TODAY
Enabling Resilience Through Practical Skill Development
Training programs focused on Disaster Preparedness, Risk Mitigation and Upskilling the Workforce.
Resiliency 101 and Community Emergency Response Team Training (CERT)
Disasters and risk to community well-being has tremendous impact on the Greater Houston and surrounding areas. This training program is a comprehensive approach to preparedness, response, recovery, and rebuild for neighborhood and community organizations, chambers of commerce, civic organizations, individuals, with a specific focus on underserved communities.
- Gain an understanding of how resilience shifts from recovery and rebuild to preparedness, and risk mitigation ahead of threats
- Learn about several assessment tools for identifying risk
- Know the evolving role of insurance as a driver for business risk management
- Learn project management, teambuilding, and resource alignment
- Grasp critical preparedness including practical safety and health actions to both survive and thrive during threats and disasters
Disaster Case Management: Business Continuity
Through a person-centered approach, participants will engage in community recovery scenarios to address disaster case management both swiftly and efficiently once disaster strikes.
- Build strategic plans for preventing, preparing for, responding to, and aiding in emergency rescue operations
- Explore the role of resource development in carrying out organizational goals and implementing policies, procedures, resources for people, and processes
- Improve the effectiveness of response operations and the ability of volunteers, professionals, and emergency teams to respond to catastrophes by forecasting community needs
- Learn risk mitigation and readiness
Facilities and Infrastructure: Business Continuity
Stay ahead of the storm by creating a continuity plan for your organization. Trainees will better understand risk mitigation by assessing operations and facility requirements, equipment, and technology needs, before or after a disaster.
- Learn how to build successful continuity plans for several venues and situations
- Evaluate competencies and examine resource planning to help the organization establish human and material resources, and process strategies
- Meet the requirements for an industry certification upon completion of training
Debris Removal and Reuse Safety and Compliance: Disaster Recovery
This training provides an overview of the different types of disasters, how to prepare for and recognize them, and instructions on protective measures related to debris removal. The focus is on real-estate including residential, multi-family, and commercial facilities.
Drones, Data Science, and Internet of Things: Project Management
This training focuses on coordination among the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) state, and local approved operators, coupled with Geographic Information Systems (GIS), data curation from sensors, optical information gathering technology providers and/or network architects for leveraging the internet-of-things platforms into public and private emergency operations
- Engage in educational training scenarios
- Gain an understanding of autonomous vehicle communications
- Learn how to support facilities and conduct infrastructure assessments for pre-disaster vulnerabilities
- Participate in event loss scenarios and post-disaster public safety, and community rescue teams.
Public Safety and Rescue: Project Management
Planning is key when disaster strikes. First responders, citizens, and corporate responders will gain project management foundations. Participants will learn how to manage health and safety projects from beginning to end.
- Learn pre/during/post and disaster emergency timescales for resiliency (preparedness, rescue/response, recovery/rebuild)
- Participate in scenario building
- Upon completion trainees will be eligible for the Certified Associate in Project Management certification
Team Resource Management: Medical Triage
Time is everything in a crisis! With an emphasize on a multi-faceted approach to mitigating, adapting, preparing for, and managing high-stress situations, the focus will be on communicating effectively across various levels within the organization.
- Improve team communications, critical thinking, and working together cross-functionally to enhance results
- Build routines for situational awareness and responsiveness in demanding situations
- Develop crisis communications strategies within a hierarchy of informational exchange and personnel
- Learn leadership and team roles based on interprofessional communication