How to Use Financial Aid in the Bookstore
Financial aid grants and loans may be available to assist with books in the College Bookstore. Your "anticipated" aid is a "Bookstore Credit" that is available for you to use when purchasing books/supplies at College Bookstore. Once your Bookstore Credit is ready to use in the bookstore, you will receive an email with details and next steps.
Students will be able to use the Spring 2020 Bookstore Credit from January 8 until April 24, 2020.
*For information about purchasing books during campus closure due to COVID-19, click here: Q and A.
Things You Need to Know (read this)
NEW PROCESS OPTIONS FOR PAYING FOR YOUR BOOKS
USE FINANCIAL AID IN COLLEGE BOOKSTORE FOR CLASS BOOKS AND SUPPLIES
Financial aid grants and loans may be available to assist with books and supplies in the College Bookstore. Your "anticipated" aid is a "Bookstore Credit" that is available for you to use when purchasing books/supplies at College Bookstore. Once your Bookstore Credit is ready to use in the bookstore, you will receive an email with details and next steps.
- GRANTS: When you have grant funds leftover after tuition and fees, your financial aid is available to assist with purchasing books approximately ten days before the start of classes.
- LOANS: When you have loan funds leftover after tuition and fees, your loans are available to assist with purchasing books only if you completed all loan requirements (enrollment and attendance in 6 or more credits, completed loan promissory note and completed entrance loan counseling).
PURCHASE CLASS BOOKS AND SUPPLIES OUTSIDE COLLEGE BOOKSTORE
- If you would like to request your financial aid funds in advance to purchase your books and supplies outside of the college bookstore, an OPT-OUT option will be available to you from April 15 through April 30, 2020. IMPORTANT: If you choose this option, you will not be able to use excess financial aid at any point in the semester at the college bookstore.
STEPS TO REQUEST
- Visit the Student Homepage via www.myeagle.hccs.edu and select “Student Sign-In” tile/box.
- Select the “Financial Aid” tile/box.
- Select “Books” link.
- Select “Book Advance Refunds” link.
- Click the “Opt-out from Bookstore” checkbox and SAVE the page.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU REQUEST TO PURCHASE BOOKS OUTSIDE OF BOOKSTORE
- If you choose to opt-out of using your financial aid at the college bookstore, you will not be able to use financial aid at any point in the semester at the college bookstore.
- Advanced funds for books and supplies will only be available if you selected the opt-out option in self-service during the dedicated two week opt-out period April 15, 2020 through April 30, 2020.
- The amount calculated will be based on enrollment status (number of credit hours) 14 days before the summer semester classes begin. Any changes to enrollment status or class schedule after that point will not be taken into consideration.
What to Bring to the Bookstore
A photo ID is required when using financial aid at the bookstore. To expedite the purchasing process, please bring your photo ID and fee bill with you to the bookstore. The HCC Bookstore is open and ready to serve you in our 8 locations and online at www.shophccbookstore.com.
Message from Bookstore about Flat Rate Shipping, Price Matching and Which Books to Buy
The HCC Bookstore is open and ready to serve you in our 8 locations and online at www.shophccbookstore.com.
Flat Rate Shipping
We are offering flat rate shipping this term, so you can avoid the lines and have your selections sent to you. We also offer in store pickup at any of our 8 HCC Bookstore locations. This does take an additional 48 hours from time of processing, as the orders are sent via courier to each location. For any questions regarding your order, simply hit reply to your email confirmation or send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org
The HCC Bookstore will Price match BN.com and Amazon.com. To do this, titles must be an ISBN match, be in stock and be owned and shipped by BN.com or Amazon.com.
Finding What You Need
If you are unsure about what you need, you can use the "buy my books" button on the right side of the course registration page. This link will allow your class schedule to open in our website and will show you all of your options.
You can also find class specific information by following our new Canvas link. For course specific information, follow the Canvas link from your professor to our webpage.
Download App and Deals
Once you have placed an order, you can follow your order using our mobile app, by pasting the links below in your browser. New installs will also get a coupon good for 25% off one imprinted item at your campus store.
- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-college-bookstore-barnes/id909434792?ls=1&mt=8 (ITunes)
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fueled.bnc (Google)